Farther or Further?
I had to look this one up, so I'll save you the trouble.
"Farther" and "Further" are often used interchangeably, but here's the real scoop.
"Farther" is a reference to physical distance. (a long way, distant, remote)
- I drove farther than I ever have.
- "How much farther is it?" (whine my kids in the back of the car...)
- Nothing could be further from the truth
- I have no further comment
- Hiring an editor can further your progress!
- (And furthermore, I really like that example.)